Ben,

I have found any of the O'Reilly books
(http://perl.oreilly.com/) to be an excellent
resource. I own _Programming Perl_ (a.k.a. "The Camel
Book") and find it's writing style to be very easy to
read (even if I still have to re-read the complicated
bits several times to really understand them), not to
mention very humorous in places. Of course, it helps
that one of the authors is Larry Wall himself. I've
also heard good things about _Learning Perl_ ("The
Llama Book"), but have never read it myself.

Also, the O'Reilly _Perl Pocket Reference_ is
absolutely invaluable!

- John

--- Alfred Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Comfortably numb?  ;-)
>
> This might help (a little more introductory...):
>
> Copyright: 2001
> Format: Paper Bound w/CD-ROM, 1057 pp.
> ISBN: 0-13-028418-1
>
> In Perl How to Program, the Deitels and their
> colleagues, Tem R. Nieto
> and David C. McPhie, discuss topics you need to
> build complete,
> Web-based applications including:
>
> CGI/HTML forms/XML/CGI.pm
> Control Structures/Arrays/Hashes
> Regular Expressions/Strings
> Objects/Encapsulation
> OOP/Inheritance/References
> Database/DBI/SQL/Signals/Contexts
> Security/Accessibility
> Typeglobs/File Globbing
> Networking/Sockts/Internet Protocols
> Cookies/Session Tracking
> Filehandles/Data Structures
> Process Control/Forking/Piping
> Subroutines/Modules/Packages/Overloading
> Web Automation/OLE Automation
> Server-Side Includes/Ties/Closures
> Graphics/GUI/Perl/TK
>

> Ben Huyghebaert wrote:
>
> >I just spent about 5-6 hours going through some of
> the unix mans for perl.  I'm trying to get a better
> grasp on perl/cgi because right now a lot of it
> still confuses me even after reading a whole book
> about it.  I think I'm mostly confused because there
> are so many ways to do things and then one wrong
> step that is hardly noticable can throw everything
> outta wack!
> >
> > ... etc.

=====
"Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want; or, I'm still
alive, and there's nothing I want to do." - They Might Be Giants, http://www.tmbg.com