On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Roger Spears opined:

RS:I'm working on a project that uses Perl/CGI to work with Databases.  I
RS:have done this before with basic txt files and then I use 1000 lines of
RS:code to make them appear relational.  What would be an easier way to
RS:achieve this?  SQL?

yes, sql is most likely a better choice.

RS:Can you use Perl/CGI to interact with a Microsoft Access Database that's
RS:stored on the server??

there is an odbc perl module

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=DBD-ODBC

but i've never used it.  can you switch to an open source db like mysql or
postgres?