"Octavian Rasnita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
00cc01c22495$df0f63d0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:00cc01c22495$df0f63d0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hi all,
>
> I want to make a Perl script that generates a web page and prints it on
the
> screen.
> I want to include an SSI statement in that page.
>
> If I print :
>
> <!--#include virtual=/cgi-bin/counter.pl" -->
>
> in the script file, this doesn't include the SSI in the page.
>
> I don't want to create another static HTML page and to include the SSI in
> it.
>
> Is possible to include SSI statements in a script?

Im assuming you are using apache. mod_ssi is the apache handler that filters
files for #include directives in comments. mod_cgi is the apache handler
that knows how to execute your cgi program and collect its output to send to
a web browser.

Without getting too detailed, its kind of an either-or thing. mod_cgi does
not filter your program's output for #include directives in your programs
output, so at this point they are just simple html comments.

Todd W.