Hello,

I am working on a Solaris platform using version 5.005_02.  Could
someone point me to libwww-perl and URI modules that would work with
5.005_02?  I searched through www.cpan.org and the earliest versions
that I found are:

   libwww-perl-5.10.tar.gz
   URI-1.18.tar.gz

After installing these modules, I tried to run my program and got the
error:

   Missing base argument at .../lib/site_perl/5.005/HTTP/Request.pm
line 102

I also searched the following sites which were listed under CPAN's FAQ
for "Where can I find older/obsolete versions of Perl or Perl
Modules?":
(http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#Where_older_Perl)

http://www.etla.org/retroperl/
 - only has perl1 to perl4

http://mirrors.valueclick.com/perl/really-ancient-perls/
 - only has perl1 to perl5.003_08

http://history.perl.org/src/
 - only has perl1 to perl4

http://mirrors.valueclick.com/perl/backup.pause/ - for old versions of
modules
 - contains the following links:
   GAAS                                           -
   libwww-perl-5.00.readme                        -
   libwww-perl-5.00.tar.gz                        -
   libwww-perl-5.01.readme                        -
   libwww-perl-5.01.tar.gz                        -
   libwww-perl-5.02.readme                        -
   libwww-perl-5.02.tar.gz                        -
   libwww-perl-5.03.readme                        -
   libwww-perl-5.03.tar.gz                        -
   libwww-perl-5b6.tar.gz                         -

   but following these links all resulted in "HTTP 404 - File not
found"

It seems that upgrading from 5.005_02 to 5.6.1 is inevitable, but this
process would require additional time and resources to recertify all
of our existing programs on 5.6.1.

Thanks,
-Victor