On Saturday, July 27, 2002, at 05:31 , fliptop wrote:

> GsuLinuX wrote:
> >
> > I wanna check the information typed in the form field whether if it
> > is in date format or not .
[..]
> you should look into using Date::Calc.  it has many functions for
> checking a date's validity, extracting parts, etc.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Date-Calc

I basically agree that using Date::Calc is a long term solution.

but if a part of the goal here is to get a better feel for
how to do simple regular expressions may I offer:

http://www.wetware.com/drieux/pbl/RegEx/simpleDayMonYear.txt

as a way to think about solving simple classes of problems,
in case the 'web server' does not have Date::Calc and one
does not have the time to get the ISP to install it.

ciao
drieux

---