Thank you all

and here is a better description.

When I logon to the web I am going through an ISP that (obviously)
allows logons. So I enter the web with a user name through that ISP. My
home site - the cabonnecreations - is on another server that does not
have login capability.

So my work within my home site is being done as a user of server_a - the
one I logged onto the web as - but now inside server_b the one that has
my home site.

The protections I am being told about do not sound right to me for a
cgi-bin folder. They should be readable by the owner but such
protections as 755 or worse will give everyone access to all the cgi
scripts that are inside it. That is they can read the things on their
home system.

An earlier email of mine did say that this cgi-bin folder in my home
site is a 711 protection and does contain a file test1.cgi also at 711
protection that does work.

So that 500 error MAY be because I am running the script as a world
member and trying to access local data that possibly only the user can
permit access to? Yes/NO? Using a submit from a form loaded from the
site does not change the situation though.

cheers

Jimmy George
@CUDAL