Jim, et al --

...and then Jim Lundeen said...
%
% on a side note:  does anyone know the % of people that actually disable
% javascript in their browser?  can javascript actually be used to harm (lets

100% of the people on my computer do :-)

% pretend those annoying pop-up windows don't count!)?   i'm not really a
% hard-core javascript person, so any stats that you have would be interesting
% and helpful...   thanks!

I don't have anything handy, I'm afraid, but I know that my brother wrote
a 5-minute hack that will kill any browser running JS a few years ago --
and he's not even a cracker type.  It is my understanding that JS cannot
actually create/modify/destroy files, but it can read them and transfer
data, so at the very least it's a privacy hole.

I'm interested in this topic, and particularly interested in just what JS
can and cannot do, so please at least keep me in the CC list if this
thread goes off-list (which it probably should).

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]