I'm a bit confused -- I thought I was posting through a USENet server, and I
guess it's actually more like a mailing list.  I guess I need to find a FAQ
to check and see what I missed.

Anyway, you've hit it.  I got a few answers on IRC somewhere around 4 am, and
after waking up and thinking it over, I fixed the problem by changing my
decleration from our @myparms = CGI::param() to my @myparms = CGI::param().
(Someone on IRC said to try read(STDIN, $buffer, $ENV{CONTENT_LENGTH}):,
which showed me the data passed to the script was NOT duplicated -- so we
could see the duplication had to be within perl.)

Since I had two simple 3 line subroutines, I had declared variables in that
script with OUR.  Once I made the change noted above, everything worked fine.

And yes, I am using mod_perl.  I didn't realize there was a difference in
behavior like that.  It's working now.

Thank you for your help!

Hal