yeah. not sure what you mean by "old" way thought?

use lib is safer and is the preferred method most of the time because
you don't want your script to die mid-way during run time. you want to
catch the error as soon as possible before your script even start.

by the way, when i reply, how come i don't see my replied message showed
up in the mailing list? i am new to this mailing list :-)

david