Hello:)

i am working on a script and have come across a problem. if i call a variable from the
preceeding
form, it works correctly, BUT, if i declare a variable within the script, then try to
use it as
the "To:" fiels in an e-mail, it tells me that
     "Global symbol "$auto" requires explicit package name"

i have been looking through my perl and cgi books to try to figure out what this
means, but am
totally at a loss.

i have declared it two different ways, and both ways it comes back with the same error:

     if ($Country eq "Argentina")
        {my $auto = $q->param( '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' );
        }
and
     if ($Country eq "Argentina")
        {$auto = $q->param( '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' );
        }

i figure i am probably missing one little thing, but i can't figure out what it is.
Anyone got any
ideas? This is the last part of my script that i need to get working, as it will be a
huge
if/elsif statement that i will end up putting into a module.

thanks:)

thia