I'm kinda a stupid moronic idiot, but it seems to me you're calling a
variable out of its scope. Try declaring it globally. If it doesn't work use
sarcasm on me

-----Original Message-----
From: t [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 2:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: uninitialized values

Hello:)

in my script my values come from my html form. I define them with:

my $OptOut = $q->param( "OptOut" );

BUT, when i try to get them to print in the e-mail, i get the uninitialized
value error "Use of
uninitialized value at /cgi-bin/newreg.cgi line 316."

(thE FOLLOWING STARTS WITH line 316)
if  ($OptOut eq "Yes")
        {print MAIL "\t-Do not use my information\n\n";}
else {print MAIL "\t-not checked\n\n";}

I am using the cgi.pm module on an IHS server. Besides the error, it also
gives me a screen after
i hit submit on the form that says i have a header error. But it doesn't do
it everytime, so i
don't know if i really have one or not:(

Anyone ever come across this before? I would really appreciate your help:)

ty

thia