Hello all,

     I am getting a syntax error when trying to run the following with CGI
(:standard).  It is at line 24 which is marked below.  This is coming directly
from the CGI.PM documentation, worse yet I am running PERL 5.6.1.

     Am I missing something obvious?
#########################
# Code Example                       #
#########################
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use CGI qw(:standard);
print header;
print start_html('A Simple Example'),
     h1('A Simple Example'),
     start_form,
     "What's your name? ",textfield('name'),
     p,
     "What's the combination?",
     p,
     checkbox_group(-name=>'words',
                       -values=>['eenie','meanie','minie','moe'],
                       -defaults=>['eenie','minie']),
     p,
     "What's your favorite color?",
     popup_menu(-name=>'color',
                  -values=>['red','green','blue','chartreuse'],
     p,
     submit,
     end_form,
     hr;   ########=>=>Line 24
if (param())
     {
     print
          "Your name is",em(param('name')),
          p,
          "The keywords are: ",em(join(", ",param('words'))),
          p,
          "Your favorite color is ",em(param('color')),
          hr;
     }
print end_html;
#End_of_code example#

I developed on WIN32 in Primal Script which saw the error, I then saved the
program and moved it to LINUX, with PERL 5.6.1 and the problem showed up there
as well.  I have done a search on Google, with no help.  I have even reread
through O'Rielly's book.

I appreciate any help