--- Murli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi !!
> Has any one encountered the following error ?
> Thanks and advance!!
> Cheers always!!
> Murli
>

> [Sun Nov 10 11:34:38 2002] icpMeanSD.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL
> server has gone away at icpWtMeanSD.pm line 152.

The most likely issue here is that you have already closed your connection and then
attempted
another request.  You can find more info at:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Gone_away.html

You can also check out the results from Google at
http://www.google.com/search?q=MySQL+server+has+gone+away+Perl

As your problem occurs at line 152, posting the entire program is probably not the
best idea, but
if you can reduce this to a minimum test case and then post it, that would help.

For more debugging information, look for the "trace()" command in "perldoc DBI".  What
I typically
do with this is to run a trace level of 1 or 2, dump the output to a log file and then
search for
errors which might be indicative of the problem.  This is as simple as using the
following
statement in your code:

  DBI->trace( 2, 'dbi_debug.log' );

Also, ensure that your DBI constructor has the RaiseError attribute set.  This will
ensure that
errors will always be reported so you don't have to worry as much about always
checking the return
value of all DBI calls.

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
"Ovid" on http://www.perlmonks.org/
Someone asked me how to count to 10 in Perl:
push@A,$_ for reverse q.e...q.n.;for(@A){$_=unpack(q|c|,$_);@a=split//;
shift@a;shift@a if $a[$[]eq$[;$_=join q||,@a};print $_,$/for reverse @A