try using the POST method, instead of GET ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Admin-Stress [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 8:16 AM
To: perl cgi
Subject: how to hide form parameter from displayed in browser ?

I made a simple html form to input a password field :

<form action="http://mydomain.homelinux.net/cgi-bin/login.pl";
      method="GET">
<input type="submit" value="Login">

And a cgi to compare that password :

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI;
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
$cgi = new CGI;
$upassword = $cgi->param('password');
$password  = 'password';
if ($password eq $upassword) {
   print "Password match!\n";
} else {
   print "Password NOT match!\n";
}

How can I hide the password from browser? I meant, if I access my html :

   http://mydomain.homelinux.net/login.html

And I filled in the form, then click ...

In my browser (IE), it will display like this in the URL :

   http://mydomain.homelinux.net/cgi-bin/login.pl?password=blahblah

Then, it's not secure ... :) How to hide that ...

I changed using POST method, but same result.

Any help?

Thanks,
kapot

_