You could setup the script to run through CGI and then use cron on another box to
curl, lynx, LWP, etc. the script at your intervals. This is obviously less secure, but
you could do things like require a password, check the IP of the machine doing the
call (though this can be spoofed as well, just less easily), etc.

http://danconia.org