On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 01:21 US/Pacific, Gary Stainburn wrote:
[..]
The only benefits of using GET that I can think of is that you can emulate a
form by manually keying the data in the URL, and you can even create a
bookmark containing the completed form details. I personally use this to
bookmark specific queries to some of my databases tosave mehaving to complete
the form every time I want a status update.

The benefits of POST are tidier URLs, and not having the limits I mentioned
above.
--
Gary Stainburn

There is perchance the 'unintended' side effect here
that most folks forget

	http://xanana/Demo/?sysname=bob&config_host=libex

is a 'unique' URL from

	http://xanana/Demo/

The former is seen with a GET the later is what
would be seen with a POST - where this can get
messy is when the browser has caching on - and
one's web-design has multiple queries that will
be routing through the same URL....

ciao
drieux

---