Hi,

I am using perl for the first time. Can anyone please send me some links where I can
find information and examples of Perl modules for XML programming.

thanks in advance,
Vijay

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:18:42 +0100, Rene Verharen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My ISP won't install some Perl modules I want to use (Email::Valid and
> > Mail::Address).
> > Is there a way to install these modules in some directory I have access to
> > so I'll be able to use them ?
> >

> You didn't state whether you can login at a terminal prompt, so I will assume so,
>but this isn't necessary either. At a terminal you should be able to set PERL5LIB
>environment variable in your shell to point to whatever directory you wish the
>modules to live under, for instance HOME/lib where HOME is your home directory, then
>just run perl -MCPAN -e shell and install as normal. Then in your scripts you will
>have to add a 'use lib' line, similar to:
>
> use lib '/HOME/lib';
>
> Before you 'use' any of the modules in that directory.
>
> This is the easiest way, if you must install by hand then you will most likely need
>to pass a PREFIX=/path/to/lib/dir directive to perl Makefile.pl, and if you don't
>have a terminal, then you should be able to install a local version where you are
>doing your development and then just recursively upload the directory, but this is
>dangerous as you must make sure the two environments match before installing.
>
> HTH,
>
> http://danconia.org
>
> --

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and
legally privileged information.  We do not waive confidentiality or privilege by
mistransmission.  If you have received this communication in error, any use,
dissemination, printing or copying is strictly prohibited; please destroy all
electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately.