On Saturday 18 January 2003 03:44 pm, you wrote:
> I'm trying to send mail to users returned from a database. The problem
> occurs when sendmail sees the "@" in the email address.
> Is there a function to escape reserved characters?
> Also, does sendmail allow sending as HTML?
> TIA bb
Yes the perl escape character is \. This character will tell perl
to ignore the next character no matter what it is.
Sendmail will send anything you set it up to send (IMHO).
It normally handles html just fine. The problems with html email
usually happen on either end. That is, the sender or receiver.
Don't blame sendmail!