Server: Linux (RedHat 7.2) Apache 1.3.x
I'm trying to run an introductory exercise out of MySQL Cookbook by Paul
DeBois
Accessing MySQL from a PC via PuTTY to ISP's UNIX
I can get to the mysql> prompt but no further.

        Your MySQL connection id is 34159494 to server version: 3.23.54

        mysql> GRANT ALL ON cookbook.* TO 'cbuser'@'localhost';
        ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to
database 'cookbook'

My ISP-Support says: "Unfortunately, we do not provide technical support on
the usage of mysql. We can tell you should not be using localhost."

What are my options if not localhost?

Thanks for your consideration.
Ed