In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jeremiah Foster
wrote:
> Hello there! I am having difficulty downloading the Socket module to
> make a script work. Below is the result of my attempt installing from
> the command line via Perl;
>
> Any suggestions?

Perhaps looking at one of the HOWTO's on the web for installing Perl
modules without root access will be useful for you:

http://people.nl.linux.org/~joor/noroot.shtml

        Mark
Thanks Mark, that link was helpful and I read it, though I usually do
download and install from tarred, gunzipped archives. Also, I do have
root permission on this machine. I saw that the file that the
interactive module script couldn't fetch was simply a text file that I
could cut and paste with a browser.

The weird thing was that it kept saying;

> Warning: expected file [yes/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz] doesn't
> exist

but I could go to that link and view it. Isn't it something other than
not just being root? Is there a flaw in the script?

Jeremiah