The ASCII code for a formfeed is 12 so you should be able to embed that in a string as
'\xC' I haven't tried it myself but it works for newlines and carriege returns.

-----Original Message-----
From: Theresa Mullin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 15:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Inserting a Form Feed Using a Format Statement

Hi everyone,

I'm writing what I thought would be a really quick program to print
course information across the top of our Course Evaluation forms.

I'm using a  "format" statement to get the spacing just right on the
output, but I can't get it to insert the form feed character at the end.
I've tried setting the $FORMAT_LINES_PER_PAGE ($=) to 1, among other
things, and nothing seems to work.  When I print out the data, I still
get the whole list on one page.

Here's a little snippet of my code:

$= =1;

### Format for output

format EVAL_OUT=

     @<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<      @<<<<<<<<<<       @<<<<<<<<

     $full_name,                    $crse_numb,       $seq_numb_ssbsect

.

select (EVAL_OUT);

sub print_rec_to_output_file

{