Mike Butler wrote:

Hi Li, Rob and Mark.

Thanks for your help. My site is being hosted by Hypermart, so I don't have
access to /var/log/httpd. My new simpleform.cgi now looks like this:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -wT
use CGI;
use strict;

$username = param('username');

should be

my $username = param('username');

When you are using strict all variables must be declared with the my.

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n"; print "You entered: $username\n";

The permissions look like this:

Permissions for cgi-bin: rwxr-xr-x
Permissions for simpleform.cgi rwxr-xr-x
Permissions for simpleform.htm: rwxr-xr-x

Out of curiosity why is the simpleform.htm chmod 755 instead of 644?

I have changed <form method="post" action="../cgi-bin/simpleform.pl"> to <form method="post" action="http://www.mikyo.com/cgi-bin/simpleform.cgi";>.

I am still getting the 500 error.

Thanks,

- Mike

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]