Hi all,

A more CGI question this time.

The website I have found myself responsible for needs to be bi-lingual, English and Japanese. My problem is, how do I persuade the CGI to output in Japanese characters?

Can I use:

print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "Character-Set: shift-jis\n\n";

to set the page up to receive Japanese?

I haven't been able to test this because I also can't figure out how to get a Japanese script into the CDI. The server i am required to work with runs Perl 5.005, not Perl 5.6 and doesn't seem to support the use utf8 pragma. I have no control over the server and I'm unlikely to get the Perl upgraded. I know about the jcode.pm module, but to perfectly honest, I find POD hard enough in English without having to translate from Japanese first!

There are plenty of sites out there with Japanese CGI, how do they do it?

Thanks!

Dave

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]