On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:08:37 +0200, Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello cgi-people,
>
> is there such a module that logs into a pop3 account, scans the
> content / headers and sends pop3 commands?
>
> the idea is to frequently log in into  my pop3 account and remove
> spam-mail.
>
> one pattern, that I found is the whole range of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> accounts in the recipient line... as soon as one of these mails
> with this header is found it'd being deleted.

You should have a look at the Mail::Box distribution. It handles many types of mail
boxes (including remote POP3) very well and can have built in spam detection support
using spamassassin. There is also a lighter weight Mail::POP3Client module, though I
am not familar with its working so can't provide a rating.  Both are available from
CPAN.

> or maybe I'd use the simple telnet-module... but I'd need a pop3
> command list...

I would avoid this if at all possible.

> any help is greatly appreciated.

HTH,