Lile, James AZ2 (VAW-115) wrote:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, the numbers in quotes are being read as
strings and not numbers, or numbers not strings.
The == works with numbers, and the quotes are for strings. I think that the
way you have it set up, the number one is returning true when the $variable
is defined.

Numbers in quotes are strings but in the numerical context (which is provided by the numerical equality operator "==" here) they are converted to numbers on the fly (non-number strings being 0), so that's not the issue here. Besides, if you run this sample code, you'll see that it works just fine.

-zsdc.

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]