Hi all,

A few days ago I was asking what makes a server allow returning a partial
content (when using the Range HTTP header).

There were some discussions that the core of the server might decide that,
that some modules of the server (mod_cgi and mod_php...) decide that, or
that the CGI program can be created in such a way so its content can be
returned partially.

I've tested a little using a cgi program made in perl and a php program that
print a few characters, and their content needed to be returned partially.
I've made then a cgi program in perl that should get the partial content of
those files.

Well, using Apache 2.0.4 under Windows let me download both files partially
with the specified ranges, without doing anything special in the server
settings nor in the cgi script. I just used the Range HTTP header.

Probably it doesn't depend on the server modules, or probably my server
modules supports this, or the web server core is responsable for that.

However, I don't think that there is a setting somewhere where we can choose
if we want the server return partial content in order to allow resuming
downloads.

teddy.fcc.ro
[EMAIL PROTECTED]