"Parvez Mohamed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi,
>   I am building a application in which i need to
> display live stock market prices with out the user
> presing the refresh button. Its similer to live game
> scores.

<snip />

> i need to refresh only some fields not the whole page
> I can use floating frames for this but i dont think
> its good solution

First you set up an RPC server to get the stock quotes. I like RPC::XML.
Then you use an RPC client in the browser to fetch quotes and update fields
in the html document using DHTML. I just did a web project that uses an RPC
client in the browser:

http://waveright.homeip.net/products/FavoritesAnywhere.html

Todd W.