On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:57:16 -0500, David Gilden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quick question,
>
> the server is on west coast time (California)
> client is in Texas, central time (+2 hours)
>
> How can I add two hours to offset for central time?
> Thx,
> Dave
>

> #!/usr/local/bin/perl
> use POSIX 'strftime';
> my $date = strftime('%A, %B %d, %Y %I:%M %p',localtime);
> print $date;

As fliptop said modules are groovy for this kind of thing, but if your needs aren't to
great, you can use the old standby of adding the number of seconds in 2 hours to the
time provided by 'time' which is the default to 'localtime'...

localtime( time() + (2*60*60) )

Of course for those of us in the back asswards state of Indiana or I suppose the rest
of the world, this only works half the time when talking to someone that is in the
other sets.... which is why a robust module is usually better at this kind of thing.

http://danconia.org