I'm not sure if John or Greg from the previous answers understand the
question... or maybe it is me that is misunderstanding it.

You are receiving a string from the query string that includes quotes, but
it isn't printing the whole value.  Correct?

If that is the case, I am not sure I know where the problem is, even though
you say you do.

For example, this works fine:

my $x = 'This is the string "which" contains the quotes';
print $x, "\n";
print qq|
$x
|;

Once the quote is inside the variable you don't need to do anything special
to print it.

If you could give us an example of the query string, maybe that would help.
My guess would be that the query string is malformed.

Rob