Hi all -

I have a little CGI app I'm working on and getting stumped with a couple JavaScript problems. The first one is why I can't reference an external file using -script, but using the same code within the CGI works fine. Here's what I have now that opens a new browser window when the submit button is pressed:

my $JSCRIPT = <<EOF
  function OpenWin() {
    var myWindow;
    var width = parseInt(screen.availWidth/3*2);
    var height = parseInt(screen.availHeight/3*2);
    var left = parseInt((screen.availWidth/2) - (width/2));
    var top = parseInt((screen.availHeight/2) - (height/2));
    var windowFeatures = "width=" + width + ",height=" + height +
      ",status,resizable,left=" + left + ",top=" + top +
      ",screenX=" + left + ",screenY=" + top;
    myWindow = window.open("", "E-TimOutput", windowFeatures);
  }
EOF
;

  print
    $q->header(),
    $q->start_html(
      -title=>'E-Tim Navigator',
      -author=>'Mike Schienle, [EMAIL PROTECTED]',
      -style=>{
        'src'=>'/styles/delta.css'
      },
      -script=>$JSCRIPT
      # -script=>{
      #   -language=>'JAVASCRIPT',
      #   -src=>'/delta/js/openWin.js'
      # }
    ),
    $q->start_form(
      -name=>'GUI',
      -onSubmit=>"return OpenWin()"
    ),

Can someone point out what I'm missing in the -script section that's commented out that would make it not work correctly? The source of the file that's referenced is identical to what's in the JSCRIPT variable.

Mike Schienle

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]