I've tried this method, but unfortunately it doesn't work right.
I have a problems with special chars from other languages.

For example, if I want to type the letter t which in Romanian language is a
"t" with a comma below it, I need to switch to the Romanian keyboard and
press a key which types the code 254.

Well, if I use this code in a character entity like þ in an HTML
document, it shows me a question mark instead (?).

To make it show right I need to use ţ instead.

I don't know why this difference appears nor how I could solve it
automaticly.

So for the moment I need to manually replace each separate special
character.

The CGI pod documentation says that if I use CGI::escapeHTML it will replace
all the characters which are not standard with some named character entities
or if other charset than ISO-8859-1 is used they will be replaced with their
numeric form.
Well, this replacement is not made at all for those strange chars, but only
for < > & " and maybe a few others.

Teddy