On Jan 16, 2004, at 6:18 PM, zentara wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:32:30 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Zentara)
wrote:

Well that's disappointing. Well then how do they do it with the

megauploader: http://www.raditha.com/megaupload/perl.php

Ok I have it working for the most part. You can test it here at: http://zentara.net/cgi-bin/upp/upload0.cgi

I had to cut the number of allowed uploads down to 1 file.
The reason: for multiple files, he just uploads it all into one
big postdata, and it needs to be broken up into the original files.
More trouble than I care to deal with right now. Should be easy enough,
but I already made alot of changes just to get it working.

Anyways, the biggest things I did:
1. Put the javascript into the upload0.cgi file, instead of having it a
   separate script. It wouldn't work otherwise.

2. Did a copy to save the postdata to it's original filename.

3.  I limited my upload size to 100k...I don't want to burn up all
    my monthly bandwidth.

If you want a copy of my files, they are at: http://zentara.net/upp-uploader.tgz

I still think it's better just to run a javascript animation until the upload completes, and then send a result page.

Cool... I forgot to tell you that I can only use the perl version because it allows bigger files to be uploaded.
Can't wait to check it out. Now...what about form processing? I am/was trying to marry that upload.cgi that you were tweaking with a nice uploader form found here: http://www.mycgiscripts.com/file-uploader.html
This one works great and does what I want except for the progress bar. I was able to add a variable so that I can send the info of what was in the form and the file uploaded to the client as well as me for proof of the upload.
My ultimate goal is to get the progress bar working with this form uploader.
Thanks for the help!
Gerry