after mulling over your responce for a while a trying several versions. I finally have
a working script that I understand so thank you very much. now I have to figure out
the forms section and passwording.  The only question I have is security wit respect
to passwords. The options I have is encypting the password after verification then
passing it as a cookie thus allowing persistence. or I can use it as a hidden
varieble.which is better ?