Freimuth,Robert wrote:
> Hello,
> ...  I would like to build a simple
> browser-based UI ...

That's good. You'll need a web server of some sort, since that's what
browsers talk to.

> Since I'm trying to generate dynamic HTML pages, I thought CGI would
> be the way to go.  However, from what I understand of CGI, it
> requires a web server and can't be run locally.  Since all of my code
> is in perl, I would prefer to stick with it, if possible.

Your CGI scripts need to be run by the web server; however, the web server
can be run on your local PC. Your browser would just talk to
http://localhost

You can construct a "poor-man's" web server without too much trouble with
the HTTP::Daemon module available on CPAN. Or, you can run a more
full-featured web server like Apache or thttpd locally.