I don't know about firebird database but a really good text editor for web and perl development for Mac is BBEdit offered by http://www.barebones.com The MacPerl integration with syntax check is awesome. Alo has incredible grep functionality. OptiPerl IDE is good for Windows again I don't know about firebird database. --Teresa