On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:18:29 -0500
B McKee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good Afternoon All
>       I'm overhauling the website I run for a men's rec
> slopitch league.  It's all CGI.pm and mySQL.  I'm adding
> a section to reschedule rain-out games.  I want the users
> to pick the new date from a 'calendar'.
> I think this will be a more natural interface than drop-down
> menus.  The calendar would be a form that passes the date chosen
> along as a hidden param to the next invocation of the script.
>       I started to twiddle with ideas how to do this last
> night, but it now occurs to me I'm likely reinventing the
> wheel here - surely others have done this many times.  A
> quick Google search buried me with irrelevant answers.
> Can someone point me towards an example/module/document/starting
> point?
>       I would prefer to not have to install extra modules
> (political reasons), and simpler is better than flexible for this.
> Any input appreciated
> Brian

You might want to look at

HTML::Calendar::Simple - A simple html calendar
DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module which will make an HTML representation of a
given month. You can add links to individual days, or in fact, any sort
of information you want.

but as it involves installing a module somewhere, it may not suit.

Randal Schwartz uses a similar module in
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col66.html  and Bill Jones wrote
http://backpan.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SN/SNEEX/cal.perl_v2A

I don't think you will get an off the shelf answer to your requirement. It's not too
dificult to write your own.

--
Owen