Allen Wang wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: Wiggins d'Anconia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 6:11 PM To: Allen Wang Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: GD Install Failure (was: Re: elsif issues ....still)

Please bottom post...

Allen Wang wrote:

The first error message should be "
Warning: prerequisite GD failed to load: Can't load '/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/GD/GD.sl' for module GD: No such file or directory at /opt/perl5/lib/5.6.0/PA-RISC2.0/DynaLoader.pm line 200.
at (eval 4) line 3
Warning: prerequisite GD::Text 0.80 not found at /opt/perl5/lib/5.6.0/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 340.
Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp: Permission denied at /opt/perl5/lib/5.6.0/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 747.

What OS are you on?
HP/UX 11.0

Don't have experience on it...

 What c compiler do you have installed?
Regular C, not gcc

This shouldn't matter, but probably prevents me from debugging compilation and linking issues...

Do you have GD.pm installed?
Not sure

GD is a prerequisite for GD::Graph and will likely be the hard part of this installation, concentrate on getting it installed.

perl -MGD -e 1

Will succeed if GD is available, otherwise it will give you the "Can't locate GD.pm in ..." error. If it is not found install GD, after reading content of next answer.

Do you have gd libs installed? Not sure

GD.pm is simply a Perl module wrapper around the gd c libs, so they are a prerequisite to get GD.pm installed. Sorry I can't provide help to find gd libs on HP/UX with cc. I can tell you that GD is available at the following location:

http://www.boutell.com/gd/

And is probably available for HPUX, it works on Solaris 8 and Linux with gcc.

Are you running this through CPAN or directly from a download? I download this through CPAN
Are you root and/or did you specify a prefix that you can write to? Yes, login as root
Do you have write permission on the cwd?
Yes

I'm surprised you would get a permission denied error, hmm....

See if this helps, if not you might post to the regular 'beginners' list as there is probably more diversity there. Surely someone around is on HP-UX and can help.

http://danconia.org