Octavian Rasnita wrote:

It seems that something's wrong because Internet Explorer automaticly
chooses UTF-8 encoding, but it doesn't display the text correctly.
In fact, I don't know which is the problem because I read the text from the
screen using a screen reader (I am blind) but I can read other UTF encoded
pages like Google's page, without problems.

Try this - If it works in Mozilla 1.6 and Doesn't work in IE -- then IE is broken. If it doesn't work in Mozilla then the creation method is broken.

I get multi-byte chracter's decoded and properly displayed in Mozilla always -- unless the generation method was invalid to start with.

HTH/Sx