Hi,

I am a bit of a beginner and this is my first time using a mailing list so
please go easy with me.

I have a problem with a perl/cgi script I have written.

It's a simple script that takes 2 values and parses an xml file for all
entries which lie between the two. It then takes the answers and posts a
table back so you can see what lies within your specified window.

I use

use strict;
use XML::DOM;
use CGI qw/:standard -nosticky/;

The script works fine from the command line when debugging and also works
fine when I test it from my browser.

The problem arrises when I try a second set of values. The script seems to
remember the original values and sticks with them BUT the parse of the xml
file is messed up. Basically if I submit a second request the error which
I output tells me that no entries were found and details the window to be
the previous window not the one defined by the new values I use..

I am really confused about this.

To make things worse if I wait a little and click reload with the error
still present on my browser window then it correctly uses the new values
and correctly parses the xml file..

The problem seems time dependent. If I wait for 5 seconds after I submit a
request and then submit a new one I get the correct behaviour.(sometimes
this takes longer to work).

The cgi script seems to be saving the final state of my previous request
and I don't know how to stop this..

can anybody help??

cheers

johnk

--
Dr. John A Kennedy                email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LMU Muenchen