Hi all,

I wrote a script which operates in various modes (view, edit, commit). Calling the
script in edit mode and submitting the resulting html form calls the script in commit
mode. Before editing, though, the user has to identify himself. The user name and
password are stored in hidden html input tags.

But after committing the data to my database, I use CGI's print $q->redirect() to call
the script again, this time with the user name and password as parameters visible in
the browser's address bar.

How can I circumvent making the parameters visible? Is there an alternative method for
redirection (in fact, it's a recursive call to the script)?

Thanks,

Jan

--
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof
is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.