Someone already suggested ntop on Perl Beginners.  If you want something
that does what your asking in a CGI environment, I would start by taking
a look at rrdtool's homepage.  There are quite a few projects linked off
there that fit your bill.
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/rrdworld/index.html

However, if this is as offtopic as I think it might be, you might want
to look at iptraf.  It might even be installed on your linux system (if
this is a linux system).  If not, I know there are packages for every
distro and source is available.  Check it:
http://cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf/

If you come up dry on both those fronts, you're probly going to need to
roll your own, and of course you can do so with perl and libpcap!  Check
out these modules:
http://search.cpan.org/~kcarnut/Net-Pcap-0.05/
http://search.cpan.org/~atrak/NetPacket-0.04/

I'm using those two in conjunction with the rrdtool perl modules to
generate my own graphs.
http://divisionbyzero.net/~brad/monitor/

code at:
http://divisionbyzero.net/~brad/monitor/monitor.html

That should hopefully be enough to get you started.

--
Brad Lhotsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>