Ditto.

"I would appreciate a little evidence in support of these claims so that I can better judge
for myself."

John Halladay
Green Aspen, Inc.
Web Development - Server Admin - Hosting - Consulting
Be sure to visit us at www.greenaspen.com!

Paul Archer wrote:
Yesterday, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

By the way... it's consensus amongst experts that MySQL has hit
nearly end-of-life.  If you're starting a new project, use PostgreSQL
instead.  A real Database... not a database wannabe.

The only reason to use MySQL these days is ignorance or legacy.

I've done a quick search on Google ("mysql vs postresql") and all the hits I've seen, including a very detailed comparison of the two by Sourceforge principal Tim Perdue give both high marks. I haven't read anything so far supporting your position (MySQL is a wannabe and nearly end-of-life). While I am not refuting your claims, I would appreciate a little evidence in support of these claims so that I can better judge for myself.

Thanks,

Paul Archer