This is the exact message when I try using the defaulted server address. Any ideas why.

Proved the server is running and listening when contacted via the Linux command prompt.

See earlier emails under "RE: Here is the URL for Beginning Perl"

Trying this: http://127.0.0.1:8080/

I came into a page that assured me my installation was successful.

This is seen:

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server <http://www.apache.org/foundation/preFAQ.html> software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.

However, I really was expected to see a couple of lines from a simple perl script.

Perhaps I am getting closer, but in many respects I am more confused than previously.