Dimitra,

Generally, the CGI script has to have permissions to run the executable. The executable has to be supplied input, typically from a command line input (via system call) or from a file written to disk and read by the executable (or piped, etc.). The output of the executable needs to be placed within an HTML wrapper for display on the server. This can be done multiple ways, the simplest probably being writing the output directly to the browser (with appropriate HTML headers, etc.).

Sean