From: Siegfried Heintze [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 11:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Which interface should I be using for Database Access?

Wow! This is news to me! I've been using Win32::ODBC and was very
worried about portability. Now I try perldoc and cannot find anything
about using DBI with ODBC. However, I search CPAN and I find this:

"3.3 Is DBI supported under Windows 95 / NT platforms?
Finally, yes! Jeff Urlwin has been working diligently on building DBI
and DBD::ODBC under these platforms, and, with the advent of a stabler
perl and a port of MakeMaker, the project has come on by great leaps and
bounds.

The DBI and DBD::Oracle Win32 ports are now a standard part of DBI, so,
downloading DBI of version higher than 0.81 should work fine as should
using the most recent DBD::Oracle version."

This is GREAT! But being a beginner, I don't know what to do next. Do I
download the source? Is there a PPM module? Where can I find an example
that accesses Microsoft Access?

  Thanks,
      Siegfried