Perl v5.6.1

Trying to easily create some variable based on the current month and links to the two
previous months.  The filename(s) are based on two digit months MM-YYYY-Filename.  I
have the
filename part working but I need some guidancd on creating the MM-YYYY.  I have seen
many
perl modules that I could install to implement a solution but I think that is an
overkill
just to make create a current month, previous month and two months ago variables.

RedHat ish OS Cobalt RaQ4i to be specific....

($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime(time);

Ie.
$current = "09-2004-Filename"
$previous = "08-2004-Filename"
$current_2 = "07-2004-Filename"