Hello,

I am trying to start a "transloading" and webhosting company.  This
will allow users to login via apache .htaccess type authentication and
then be able to put a url of a file into a form and the script  will
go get that file, download it to the webserver into their html
directory and then be available for world access. I have the security
setup (apache athentication) and I can get their username with
env(REMOTE_USER) but I dont' know what to do from here.  I know I want
to use "wget" to get the file, but i can't seem to get it to work in a
script.  I am a linux admin, but don't know perl.  How can I log in
the http user into linux and go get that file with wget so it will go
in their home directory, which will be their html directory.  Can
someone please get me started?

Thanks in advance

Jeff