From: Kevin Bass [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 5:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Killing a Process

I have a slight problem that I am attemping to solve. I am using CGI/Perl
(DBD Oracle) on Linux AS 2.1 to access to the database. When users encounter
problems on the web, they cancel (or press stop) in their browsers. This
will stop there browser interaction and also cause the database connection
to not disconnect which causes a runaway process. Is there an article that I
can read or a procedure/module or process that someone has written within
CGI or DBI (or sometimes else) that will allow me to kill my database
connection when a users stops an execute within his/her browser?  Thanks!

Kevin

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by