On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Jeff Herbeck wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to make a web based filemanager for users that are already
> authenticated through .htaccess and are the $REMOTE_USER.  Here is a
> screenshot of something like I would like to do:
>
> http://www.jeffherbeck.com/fileman.JPG
>
> Any ideas?

A couple...

 * Write a program? No, don't do that, this is a solved problem.

 * Don't bother; use Webmin / Usermin for a web inteface:
     <http://www.webmin.com/index6.html>
     <http://www.webmin.com/screens/ufile.gif>

 * Don't bother; use WebDAV and let them mount a web folder as
   a local directory tree in Windows Explorer or Mac Finder:
     <http://www.webdav.org/>
     <http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/>

 * If you're hell-bent on writing something, what have you got so far?

--
Chris Devers