Howdy Folks,
 I'm not really a beginner to perl, but I do have a problem which is plaguing
me due to
changes in (a) my server and (b) my host company. In the past they gleefully
installed any module I requested of them. No longer. In a recent move to a new
server I lost a module I needed. Time::HiRes, they claim that I can use the
module
locally, and lord knows I've tried. But the problem is EVERY file I can find
concerning
the installation of modules to a nonstandard directory assumes you can telnet
into
the server to install the module using the makefile. Well guess what, they took
away
my telnet access also with this new server. I've downloaded and unpacked the
module from cpan, but when I tried moving the HiRes.pm into a modules directory
and pointing to it using a "use lib", I'm getting a not found message. I am
unsure as
to what should be in that modules directory. There's plenty online about
installing
modules, but little about what is in a module tar and what should be online to
use
them.

This can't be a rare problem, hosting companies are closing down telnet all
over the
place for security reasons. If someone has over come this, or knows a document
online which explains how to over come this, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

        Regards
        Bob Minnick, Northern WebsBob Minnick, President, Northern Webs
208.265.0474                                                           |
Mainpage:      http://www.northernwebs.com
Meta Medic:    http://www.northernwebs.com/set/setsimjr.html
SpiderView LC: http://www.northernwebs.com/set/spider_view.html
SpiderView DA: http://www.northernwebs.com/set/spider_view_da.html